Transporting Pets to Sweden
As the biggest Scandinavian country, Sweden is blessed with long coastal areas, thousands of lakes, vast green forests, and majestic snow-covered mountains. Not only will you be captivated by nature, but you will also be mesmerized by the friendliness of the Swedish people, both to newcomers and to pets.
Sweden has many pet-friendly hotels, rooms, and cabins, especially within the capital so finding accommodations for you and your pet shouldn’t pose too much of a problem. Due to their famed consideration towards allergic people, a lot of restaurants, pubs or other food handlers may allow dogs at their outdoor seating, but they won't let you bring the dog inside the place of business. It's illegal to leave your dog alone for more than six hours in Sweden and for owners who work longer than that, fortunately, there are many doggy day-care services available that are both easy to locate and cost-effective.
- All pets travelling to Sweden must be implanted with an ISO compliant microchip.
- Pets travelling to Sweden must be vaccinated against rabies with an approved anti-rabies vaccine before the date of travel. They must also have all other vaccinations up to date and mentioned in the health certificate and vaccination booklet.
- If entering from a high-risk country, a rabies titer must be administered 30 days after the rabies vaccination. If test results are within acceptable limits, your pet can enter Sweden 3 calendar months after the date the blood was drawn.
- A licensed veterinarian must complete the EU health certificate for Sweden within 5 days of travel, endorsed by the government agency responsible for the import and export of animals.
- Your pet will be allowed entry to Sweden by air at Göteborg-Landvetter or Stockholm-Arlanda Airports.
- Czechoslovakian Wolfdog and Saarloos Wolfdog are banned breeds that are not allowed entry to Sweden.
- The youngest age a puppy or kitten can enter Sweden is 7 months.
Travelling with a pet can be complicated and confusing, and it is recommended to take the assistance of an accredited pet travel agency to help with the relocation. If you are planning on travelling to Sweden with your pet dog or cat, get a free quote here on our website by entering your travel and pet details. You can get in touch with us for a professional consultation by calling +91-9257123123 or write to us at [email protected]