Taking Pets to UAE
Due to new international attention on it for both tourism and a cosmopolitan place to live, the UAE is getting more and more pet friendly. New places that welcome four-legged friends (Dubai in particular) are popping up every day, making it an increasingly popular destination for pet relocation. With all this come concerns about getting your pet safely to the UAE.
Pet import requirements for the UAE may seem overwhelming at first sight, but pet owners can take comfort in the fact that travelling with their pets isn’t necessarily so difficult if prepared in advance with arrangements done carefully. Just familiarise yourself with the following, and you can ensure a hassle-free way of bringing your furry family members with you.
The UAE unfortunately doesn’t allow any pets to travel with the owner as added luggage or in-cabin. Pets have to be shipped in manifested Cargo only. Thankfully, they are one of the few countries that do not require any entering pets to be put in quarantine.
- Your pet must be microchipped.
- You should have a valid vaccination certificate for your pet with rabies and DHPPiL/PCH Vaccination administered between 21 days prior to arrival in the United Arab Emirates.
- All dogs and cats arriving in the United Arab Emirates from a high-rabies country must have been administered a titer test no sooner than 21 days after the rabies vaccination and between 12 weeks and 12 months before the time of your pet's entry to the United Arab Emirates.
- A maximum of two pets per person are allowed, with each pet requiring an import permit.
- Certain dog breeds or their mixes are prohibited for import to UAE: Staffordshire Bull Terrier, American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, American Bully, any Mastiff, Japanese tosa, Rottweiler, Doberman Pinschers, Canario Presa, Boxer.
We at AirPets handle everything from obtaining the permits to scheduling flights for your pets and obtaining the necessary documents to ensure your pets arrive happy and safe. You can get in touch with us for a professional consultation by calling +91-9257-123-123 or write to us at [email protected] in case you are planning to move your pet to UAE.