Taking Pets to Philippines
From untouched islands to towering cliffs, the Philippines boasts stunning natural beauty and rich heritage. Travelling or relocating to the Philippines is an epic adventure, and no pet owner would want their loving pet to miss out on it. Thankfully, the Philippines is a country that has opened its doors wide to pets and pet owners in the past decade and relocating here with your pets is much easier.
The Philippines is perfect for travelers with pets who want to branch out from the usual backpacker trail and explore this tropical haven with their four-legged friends. Small to medium pets are also now allowed on public transportation provided they are leashed and wearing pet diapers to prevent any accidents.
- To prepare your pet for travel, it must be microchipped with an ISO-compliant microchip and will require an IATA accredited crate for the journey.
- A Sanitary and Phytosanitary Import Clearance is required prior to travel and is valid for up to 3 pets and for 2 months.
- Your pet must have a rabies certificate reflecting a current rabies vaccination administered between 30 days and 12 months.
- Your pet is not required to undergo a rabies titer test for entry to the Philippines.
- A health certificate issued by a licensed vet must be issued within 30 days of entry.
- The health certificate and the import permit should be presented to the Quarantine Officer on duty upon arrival at the airport in Manila, and a fee will be charged for the filing of the permit.
- The Philippines require that puppies and kittens are 4 month of age and vaccinated for rabies at least 30 days prior to entering the country.
As you start to prepare for your move, you may consider hiring professional assistance to help with your pet’s relocation. If you are planning on travelling to the Philippines with your pet dog or cat, get a free quote here on our website by entering your travel and pet details. You can get in touch with us for a professional consultation by calling +91-9257123123 or write to us at [email protected]