Relocating with Pets to Senegal
Senegal, officially the Republic of Senegal, is a country in West Africa. Senegal is known for its delicious cuisine. The country gleans its culinary inspiration from far and wide, combining French and North African influences with ancient local traditions. Senegal has beautiful and vast beaches across its over 300 miles of Atlantic coastline.
Senegal is also a pet-friendly destination to travel to with pets. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15 digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- Pets must be vaccinated for rabies between 21 days and 12 months prior to entering Senegal.
- A rabies titer test is required to prove the antibody level in your pet's blood before entering Senegal.
- A licensed veterinarian must complete the Veterinary Certificate for Senegal within 72 hours of travel.
- All dogs and cats entering Senegal must have an authorization to import animals, issued by the Directorate of Veterinary Services of Senegal.
- Pets must enter Senegal via Léopold Sédar Senghor International Airport.
- Pets can enter in the cabin, as checked baggage or air cargo.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the port of entry.
- Senegal does not publish a list of banned breeds.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.