Relocating with Pets to Burkina Faso
Burkina Faso is a landlocked country in West Africa. Burkina Faso is one of the friendliest countries in all of Africa. Although it receives only a small number of tourists per year, it is an excellent destination for anyone interested in seeing a beautiful West African country and exploring African culture and music.
Burkina Faso is also a pet-friendly destination to travel to. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15-digit ISO-compliant pet microchip.
- While a rabies titer test is not mandatory, your pet must be vaccinated for rabies between 30 days and 6 months prior to entering the country.
- A licensed veterinarian must complete the health certificate shortly prior to travel and must be endorsed by the government.
- An import permit from the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security is required when entering Burkina Faso with your dog or cat.
- Pets must enter Burkina Faso via Ouagadougou Airport in Ouagadougou.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the entry airport.
- Burkina Faso does not publish a list of banned breeds.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.