Relocating Pets to Yemen
Yemen, officially the Republic of Yemen, is a country in Western Asia, on the southern end of the Arabian Peninsula. Yemen Is Home To World's Oldest Skyscraper City. The city is famous for its ancient mudbrick high-rise buildings. These high-rise buildings date back to the 16th century. The diverse landscapes with river valleys, mountainous terrains and beautiful coastlines make Yemen one of the most beautiful countries in the Middle East region of Asia.
Yemen is also a pet-friendly place to travel to with pets. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15 digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- While a rabies titer test is not mandatory, all pets must have proof of the current rabies vaccination administered between 30 days and 12 months prior to entering the country.
- An import permit is required when entering Yemen from the Department of Agriculture and must be applied for in advance.
- A licensed veterinarian must complete the Veterinary Certificate for Yemen prior to travel.
- Pets must enter Yemen via Sana’s International Airport.
- Pets can enter the country in the cabin, as checked baggage or as air cargo.
- All domestic pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the port of entry to Yemen.
- Yemen does not publish a list of banned breeds.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.