Relocating Pets to Uganda
Uganda is a landlocked country in East Africa whose diverse landscape encompasses the snow-capped Rwenzori Mountains and immense Lake Victoria. Uganda's outstanding features are the largest freshwater lake on the continent, the source of the longest river, the strongest waterfall, the largest number of primates, and the highest number of mountain gorillas worldwide.
Uganda is also a pet-friendly destination to travel to with pets. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15 digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- While a rabies titer test is not required to enter Uganda from any country, your pet must be vaccinated for rabies between 30 days and 12 months prior to entering the country.
- Dogs should be vaccinated against Canine Distemper, Hepatitis, Parainfluenza, Leptospirosos, Coronavirus, Adenovirus Parvo-virus, Rotavirus, Adenovirus Type 2 and Bordetella. Cats must be vaccinated against Feline Entritis, Feline Distemper, Feline Herpes and Feline Calicvirus.
- An import permit is not required when entering Uganda with a personal pet dog or cat. Pets entering Uganda as unaccompanied air cargo should have an import permit.
- Pets can enter Uganda via Entebbe International Airport. Owners should take special care not to expose their pets to other animals if transiting. Pets can enter in the cabin, as checked baggage or air cargo.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the entry airport.
- Uganda does not publish a list of banned breeds.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.