Relocating Pets to Turkmenistan
Turkmenistan is a country in Central Asia bordered by the Caspian Sea and largely covered by the Karakum Desert. Turkmenistan is an ancient land of great spirituality, tradition and natural beauty. The ancient cities inspire visions of caravans plodding along the ancient Silk Road, while the haunting beauty of the Karakum Desert and other quirky natural phenomena are less expected but equally mesmerising.
While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15 digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- While a rabies titer test is not required for Turkmenistan, all pets must have proof of the current rabies vaccination minimum 30 days prior to entering the country.
- A licensed veterinarian must complete the Veterinary Certificate for Turkmenistan within 10 days of travel.
- An import permit is not required if you are entering the country with your personal pet.
- Pets entering Turkmenistan by air should do so at Ashgabat International Airport in Ashgabat.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the port of entry.
- Turkmenistan does not publish a list of banned breeds.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.