Relocating Pets to Tunisia
Tunisia, officially the Republic of Tunisia, is the northernmost country in Africa. Although Tunisia is famous for its sprawling sand dunes, elegant spas and desert Star War sets, the smallest country in North Africa is not always synonymous with beauty, but of course, beauty is subjective and vastly underrated Tunisia is home to many places easily worthy of the word. The most beautiful place of the country is surrounded by old Arab walls and also the capital Tunis, also known as the Medina.
Tunisia is also a pet-friendly place to travel to with pets. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15 digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- While a rabies titer test is not mandatory, all pets must have proof of the current rabies vaccination administered between 30 days and 12 months prior to entering the country.
- A licensed veterinarian must complete the Veterinary Certificate for Tunisia shortly prior to travel.
- An import permit is not required when entering Tunisia with a personal pet.
- Pets must enter Tunisia via Tunisia Carthage International Airport.
- Pets can enter in the cabin, as checked baggage or air cargo.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the port of entry.
- The following breeds are not permitted in Tunisia- Pitbull, Rottweiler, Tosa or Mastiff Breeds.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.