Relocating Pets to Tanzania
Tanzania is an East African country known for its vast wilderness areas. Tanzania is a country of immense beauty which undoubtedly needs to be experienced in this lifetime. The country is famous the world over for its breath-taking savannahs, towering mountains, bustling cities and sun-soaked islands. Tanzania is home to some of Africa's most famous national parks and natural attractions, including majestic Mount Kilimanjaro.
Tanzania is also a pet friendly place to travel to with your four legged companions. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15 digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- While a rabies titer test is not mandatory, all pets must have proof of the current rabies vaccination administered between 30 days and 12 months prior to entering the country.
- Other vaccinations include, for dogs: Rabies, Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, and Parovirus.
- For cats: Feline Vioral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus and Panleukopenia.
- A licensed veterinarian must complete the Veterinary Certificate for Tanzania shortly prior to travel.
- Tanzania requires an import permit and must be applied for well in advance.
- Internal and external parasite treatment must be administered shortly prior to travel.
- Pets must enter Tanzania via Julius Nyerere International Airport in Dar es Salaam or Kilimanjaro International Airport in Arusha.
- Pets can arrive in the cabin, as checked baggage or as air cargo.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the port of entry.
- Tanzania does not publish a list of banned breeds.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.