Relocating Pets to Sweden
Sweden, which is officially known as the Kingdom of Sweden, is a Nordic country in Northern Europe. From its dense forest and dramatic mountains to its beautiful coastlines and lakes, Sweden is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful countries in Europe. Sweden’s gorgeous capital city of Stockholm is an enchanting archipelago set on the Baltic Sea.
Not only is Sweden a beautiful country to live in, it is also pet-friendly! Sweden not only allows well-trained pets to walk without leashes, but the country even limits the amount of time dogs and cats can be in crates. As far as activities go, you and your pet can enjoy visits to old fortresses, botanical gardens, camping grounds, and even gourmet restaurants. While travelling to Sweden with your pet, it is important to keep the following points in mind,
- The first step is to Microchip your pet with an ISO compliant pet microchip.
- All pets must be vaccinated against Rabies and should have proof for the same.
- A rabies titer test has to be administered before travelling to Sweden and all samples must be processed at an EU approved lab.
- A licensed veterinarian in the originating country must complete the non-commercial EU health certificate for Sweden within 5 days of travel. The form must be endorsed by the government agency responsible for the import and export of animals.
- Pets should enter Sweden directly or transit through another EU Member State. In case the transit is through a high-risk rabies country, then a Transit Declaration will be required stating that the pet did not come in contact with another animal nor did it leave the cargo terminal of the airport.
- All pets must be free of any disease communicable to humans when they reach the port of entry in Sweden.
- Sweden bans the entry of following breeds- Czechoslovakian Wolfdog, Saarloos Wolfdog
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.