Relocating Pets to Saint Martin
Saint Martin is the smallest island in the world that lies northeast of the Caribbean Sea. What makes it an interesting destination is that two countries share it. To the north is the French side of the island called St Martin. To the south, which is the Dutch side of the island, they call it Sint Maarten. The island's sparking blue, crystal-like waters ripple under the bight Caribbean sun, making Saint Martin the quintessential destination for gorgeous sights, landscapes, and relaxing destinations.
This Island country is a very pet friendly destination to travel to with your furry companion. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15 digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- While a rabies titer test is not mandatory, all pets must have proof of the current rabies vaccination administered between 30 days and 12 months prior to entering the country.
- Other vaccinations include, for dogs: Rabies, Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, and Parovirus.
- For cats: Feline Vioral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus and Panleukopenia.
- An import permit is required when entering Saint Martin with a personal pet.
- A licensed veterinarian must also complete the health certificate for Saint Martin.
- Tests and treatment for internal parasites within 21 days of entry is required. External parasites must be treated within 14 days of travel.
- All pets must enter Saint Martin via Princess Juliana International Airport. Pets can enter in the cabin, as checked baggage or air cargo.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the port of entry.
- Saint Martin does not publish a list of banned breeds however, all Pit Bull breeds bust be leashed and muzzled in public areas as well as during custom clearance.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.