Relocating Pets to Saint Lucia
Saint Lucia is an Eastern Caribbean island nation with a pair of dramatically tapered mountains, the Pitons, on its west coast. St. Lucia is one of the most glamorous vacation destinations in the Caribbean. From beautiful white-sand beaches framed by a calm, turquoise sea to a wild interior forged by volcanic eruptions, where you'll find hikes through the jungle to thundering waterfalls, St. Lucia has plenty of beautiful places to visit.
Saint Lucia is also a pet-friendly destination to travel to with your pets. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15 digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- All pets must have proof of the current rabies vaccination administered between 30 days and 12 months prior to entering the country.
- All pets must be vaccinated against the following diseases within 14 days of entering St Lucia, for dogs: Rabies, Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, and Parovirus. For cats: Feline Vioral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus and Panleukopenia.
- Rabies titer test is mandatory and must be done minimum 3 months prior to entering the country.
- The official veterinarian must complete the Veterinary Certificate for Saint Lucia prior to travel.
- An import permit must be obtained from the Veterinary Authority at least 2 weeks in advance of travelling with your pet.
- Pets must be treated against internal and external parasites 15 days prior to entering the country.
- All pets must enter St Lucia via Hewanorra International Airport. Your cat or dog must be transported directly into Saint Lucia and should not be in contact with another cat/dog on the flight except for which a similar permission has been issued.
- Advance notification of arrival must be provided to the Veterinary and Livestock Services at your pet's point of entry.
- The following dog breeds and their mixes are not permitted import to St. Lucia: Pitt Bull Terrier, Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, British Staffordshire Terrier, Japanese Tosa Inu, Dogo Argentina or Fila Brasileiro.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.