Relocating Pets to Russia
Russia, or the Russian Federation, is a country spanning Eastern Europe and Northern Asia. It is the largest country in the world. Russia, also known as the former Soviet Union, has incredible mountains, beaches, deserts, ethnic villages, spectacular volcanoes and glaciers, making it one of the most beautiful countries in the world. It has the most beautiful landscapes, a wonderful language which can express anything, a great history and especially the most wonderful People: they know justice, liberty, are strong but caring.
Apart from its captivating beauty, Russia is also a pet friendly place to travel with your furry companion. It offers a wide range of pet friendly hotels, pet friendly activities and restaurants that allow pets to dine with their parents. While travelling with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15-digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- While a rabies titer test is not mandatory for Russia, it is important that all pets must have proof of the current rabies vaccination. Dogs should be vaccinated Dogs should also be vaccinated against Distemper, Hepatitis, Viral Enteritis, Parvovirus, Adenovirus infections and Leptospiros and cats should also be vaccinated against panleukemia and should also be checked for dermatophytosis.
- An import permit is not required for Russia if you are entering with less than 5 pets of your own.
- A licensed veterinarian must complete a Veterinary Certificate for Russia within 5 days of travel and it should indicate that the pet is clinically healthy and vaccinated against rabies.
- All pets entering Russia should do so at Domodedovo Airport or Sheremetyevo Airport in Moscow or Pulkovo Airport in St. Petersburg.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the port of entry to Russia.
- Upon arrival, all pet parents have to register their pets at the airport veterinary office for a fee. You can then enter the Russian Federation, and to the other States of the Federation as well with your pet.
- Russia does not publish a list of banned breeds.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.