Relocating Pets to Myanmar
Myanmar (formerly Burma) is a Southeast Asian nation of more than 100 ethnic groups, bordering India, Bangladesh, China, Laos and Thailand. It is a must-visit destination for travelers who like beaches and Buddha. This beautiful country is dotted with thousands of Buddhist temples. Besides, it has serene white beaches along the Andaman Sea and the Bay of Bengal.
Myanmar is also a pet-friendly destination to travel to with pets. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15 digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- While a rabies titer test is not mandatory, all pets must have proof of the current rabies vaccination administered between 30 days and 12 months prior to entering the country.
- Other vaccinations include, for dogs: Rabies, Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, and Parovirus.
- For cats: Feline Vioral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus and Panleukopenia.
- A licensed veterinarian must complete the Veterinary Certificate for Myanmar shortly prior to travel.
- An import permit is required from the Ministry of Livestock, Fisheries and Rural Development in order to enter Myanmar.
- Petsmust enter Myanmar via Yangon International Airport. Pets can enter as checked baggage or air cargo.
- Owner must be present at customs clearance. Your pet dog or cat will subject to quarantine, at approved premises, for a minimum of 30 days upon arrival during which they shall be submitted to test or treatment if necessary. The importer or owner is responsible for any expenses.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the port of entry.
- The following breeds and mixes are restricted from entering Myanmar: Pit Bulls, American Staffordshire Terriers, American Staffordshire Bull Terriers.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.