Relocating Pets to Mozambique
Mozambique is a southern African nation whose long Indian Ocean coastline is dotted with popular beaches as well as offshore marine parks. Mozambique is a beautiful country most famous for its spectacular white sand beaches which are indisputably some of the very finest in the whole of Africa and as such it offers a really world-class beach getaway.
Mozambique is also a pet-friendly place to travel to with pets. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15 digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- While a rabies titer test is not mandatory, all pets must have proof of the current rabies vaccination administered between 30 days and 12 months prior to entering the country.
- Other vaccinations include, for dogs: Rabies, Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, and Parovirus.
- For cats: Feline Vioral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus and Panleukopenia.
- A licensed veterinarian must complete the Veterinary Certificate for Mozambique prior to travel.
- An import permit is required when entering Mozambique with personal pet and must be applied for well in advance.
- Pets must enter Mozambique via Maputo International Airport.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the port of entry.
- Mozambique does not publish a list of banned breeds.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.