Relocating Pets to Montenegro
Montenegro is a Balkan country with rugged mountains, medieval villages and a narrow strip of beaches along its Adriatic coastline. Montenegro possesses some of the most incredible natural attributes of any state in Europe, with verdant countryside that blends with divine towns to create something truly breath-taking and unique. Not only does it offer breath-taking nature, but it also boasts lovely historic cities, good food, decent services, and a friendly population.
Montenegro is also a pet-friendly destination to travel to. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15 digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- All pets must be vaccinated for rabies between 30 days and 12 months prior to entering the country.
- A rabies titer test is required no sooner than 30 days after the primary rabies vaccination and more than 3 months prior to enter Montenegro.
- A licensed veterinarian must complete the Veterinary Certificate for Montenegro within 10 days of travel.
- An import permit is not required when entering Montenegro with a personal pet unless arriving unaccompanied.
- Pets must enter Montenegro via Podgorica Airport.
- Pets can enter in the cabin, as checked baggage or air cargo.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the port of entry.
- Montenegro does not publish a list of banned breeds.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.