Relocating Pets to Macedonia
North Macedonia, officially the Republic of North Macedonia, is a country in Southeast Europe. One of the most underestimated destinations in the Balkans, Macedonia is a nation of ancient cities, beautiful mountains and lush forestry. The country's location among some of Europe's most stunning mountain ranges, extinct volcanoes and lakes promises natural beauty and breath taking landscapes.
Macedonia is also a pet-friendly destination to travel to with your furry companion. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15 digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- Rabies titer test is mandatory and must be done minimum 3 months prior to entering the country.
- Your pet must be vaccinated for rabies and other diseases at least 6 months prior to entering Northern Macedonia.
- The official veterinarian must complete the Veterinary Certificate for Northern Macedonia prior to travel.
- An import permit is not required when entering Macedonia with a personal pet, however, either permits for visitors or permits for transfer of residency will be issued when entering Northern Macedonia.
- Owners entering the country on a visitors permit must leave with their pet.
- An internal and external parasite treatment should be performed by a licensed veterinarian shortly prior to entering Northern Macedonia.
- Pets may enter Northern Macedonia via Skopje International Airport. Pets can arrive in the cabin, as checked baggage or as air cargo. When arriving in Northern Macedonia the pet must be muzzled and on a leash. Owners must attest that they are importing their pet to Northern Macedonia for reasons other than trade or commercial activity.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the entry airport.
- Northern Macedonia does not publish a list of banned breeds.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.