Relocating Pets to Macau
Macau is an autonomous region on the south coast of China, across the Pearl River Delta from Hong Kong. A Portuguese territory until 1999, it reflects a mix of cultural influences. Macau, or as we all also know it as ‘Vegas of China', is all about glamour, gamble, inspiring heritage, and a picture-perfect skyline. From casinos to Disneyland, there is a variety of nice places in Macau. It is also famous for its old-world Sino-European architecture and culture existing side by side with the modern and lavish lifestyle.
Apart from being a tourist hot-spot, Macau is also a pet-friendly place to travel to with your pet. It has many pet friendly restaurants, hotels and other places where you can spend ample amount of time with your pet. While travelling with your pet, you should keep in mind the following points-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15 digit ISO compliant pet microchip. It must be done 3 months prior to entering the country.
- All pets must have proof of the current rabies vaccination administered after a microchip was implanted to enter Macau.
- All pets must have a rabies titer test administered before entering the country and all samples must be processed at approved laboratories.
- A licensed veterinarian from the originating country must complete the health certificate for your pet prior to travel.
- An import permit from the Division of Animal Control and Inspection is required when entering Macau with personal pet.
- The permit must be applied for in Macau and is valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
- Pets can enter Macau via Macau International Airport and they can arrive in cabin, as checked in luggage or as air cargo.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the port of entry.
- Macau does not permit the import of the following breeds- Tibetan Mastiff, Filla Braziliero, Dogo Argentino, Pit Bull Terrier and Japanese Tosa.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.