Relocating Pets to Luxembourg
Luxembourg, officially the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is a landlocked country in Western Europe. Luxembourg is home to a huge array of stunning scenery, quaint towns and peaceful villages. Taking a trip out of the capital means seeing a different side of Luxembourgish life, one filled with pastoral idylls, raw natural beauty and crumbling castles. It a multitude of fascinating landscapes spread over 6 regions with a rich cultural, historical, architectural and industrial heritage in a small area.
Luxembourg also makes an attractive tourist destination for people planning on travelling or relocating with their pets due to its pet-friendly nature just like its neighbouring countries. While travelling with your pet, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15-digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- All pets must have proof of a current rabies vaccination administered after a microchip was implanted to enter Luxembourg.
- A rabies titer test is mandatory for Luxembourg. All samples must be processed at an approved laboratory.
- In the case of non-Commercial Transport, the owner or a legal representative of the owner should travel with or within 5 days of the pet and the transport should not involve purchase, sale or transfer of ownership.
- A licensed veterinarian in the originating country must complete the non-commercial EU health certificate for Luxembourg within 05 days of travel.
- Pets entering by air must do so at Border Inspection Post at the international airport in Luxembourg.
- Pets should enter Luxembourg directly or transit through another EU Member State. If your pet transits through a high-rabies country, then a Transit Declaration will be required stating that your pet has had no contact with rabies-carrying animals and remained secured within the airplane or airport.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the port of entry to Luxembourg.
- Under Luxembourg law, the following breeds of dogs are considered dangerous and specific laws apply. Dogs must be leashed under the control of an adult owner. They must be neutered and fully trained. They must be registered in the municipality of their residence. They are- Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Mastiff, American Staffordshire Terrier, Tosa, Pit bull, Boerbull.
- For dogs with similar characteristics to the above breeds, the import of these breeds, require a special authorisation from the Ministry of Agriculture.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.