Relocating Pets to Liechtenstein
Liechtenstein is a German-speaking, 25km-long principality between Austria and Switzerland. It’s known for its medieval castles, alpine landscapes and villages linked by a network of trails. Liechtenstein is the world's wealthiest country. It is nestled in between Switzerland and Austria and is steeped in history, culture and dramatic scenery. Stunning castles, historic sites, royal heritage and pristine nature await those visiting this Alpine state.
Liechtenstein is also a pet-friendly country to travel to. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15-digit ISO-compliant pet microchip.
- All pets must have proof of a current rabies vaccination administered after a microchip was implanted to enter Liechtenstein.
- A rabies titer test is mandatory. All samples must be processed at approved laboratories. Assuming test results are within acceptable limits, your pet can enter Liechtenstein no sooner than 3 calendar months after the date the blood was drawn and avoid quarantine.
- A tapeworm treatment is not required when entering Liechtenstein from any country.
- Non-Commercial Transport: the owner or a legal representative of the owner is traveling with or within 05 days of the pet and the transport does not involve purchase, sale or transfer of ownership.
- A licensed veterinarian in the originating country must complete the non-commercial EU health certificate for Liechtenstein. Endorsement by a government veterinarian must occur within 10 days of arrival.
- For commercial transportation, A licensed veterinarian in the originating country must complete the commercial EU health certificate. The certificate must be issued and endorsed within 48 hours of travel.
- As Liechtenstein does not have an airport, pets can enter Liechtenstein from Germany or Switzerland. The EU health certificate will be valid in all countries.
- Liechtenstein does not publish a list of banned breeds.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.