Relocating Pets to Lesotho
Lesotho, a high-altitude, landlocked kingdom encircled by South Africa, is crisscrossed by a network of rivers and mountain ranges including the 3,482m-high peak of Thabana Ntlenyana. Lesotho is well known for its breath-taking scenery which includes snow-capped mountain ranges during the winter. The Sehlabathebe National Park, in the Maloti Mountains, is at the heart of the country and boasts rich plant, animal and bird life.
Lesotho is also a pet friendly country to travel to. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15 digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- While a rabies titer test is not mandatory, all pets must be vaccinated against rabies between 30 days to 12 months of entering the country.
- An import permit is required to enter Lesotho. The permit is issued by the Director of Animal Health and is valid for 6 months after the date of issuance.
- A licensed veterinarian must complete the health certificate shortly prior to travel.
- Pets entering Lesotho must enter at Moshoeshoe Airport in Maseru.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the entry airport.
- Lesotho does not publish a list of banned breeds.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.