Relocating Pets to Lebanon
Lebanon, officially known as the Lebanese Republic, is a country in Western Asia. Lebanon is famous for its exquisite beauty, diversity, glamor, European flavour, and hospitable people. Its rich culture and history have placed it on the must-see list of every world traveller. The nature of Lebanon makes it the only country in the Arab world that embraces four seasons yearly.
Apart from its captivating beauty, Lebanon is also a pet-friendly country. It has numerous public beaches where you and your pet can enjoy a fantastic day together. Pets are also allowed in open restaurants, cafés etc. While travelling with your pet, it is important to keep in mind the following things-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15-digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- While a rabies titer test is not mandatory, it is important for your pet to be vaccinated against rabies between 30 days and 12 months prior to entry. Other vaccinations include distemper, hepatitis, parovo, leptospirosis for dogs and feline viral rhinotracheitis, calcivirus, panleukopenia for cats.
- An import permit will be completed at customs clearance in Lebanon.
- A licensed veterinarian must complete the health certificate for your pet within 05 days of travel.
- Pets entering Lebanon must enter via Beirut–Rafic Hariri International Airport. Pets can arrive in the cabin, as checked baggage or as air cargo.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the entry airport.
- Lebanon does not publish a banned breed list.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.