Relocating Pets to Kuwait
Kuwait, officially the State of Kuwait, is a country in Western Asia. It is a beautiful country that people rarely mention when suggesting new places to travel. Tucked right above the Persian Gulf, this tiny country has one of the tallest skyscrapers in the world to commemorate its freedom, overshadowing the authentic beauty of its number of mosques, museums, and other historic sites.
Talking about the pet friendly status of the country, it is not common for people in Kuwait to own a dog. While cats are much more common in Kuwait, it doesn’t really have that many pet-friendly places like dog parks and such but, that shouldn’t stop you from wanting to become a dog owner. Places like beaches, open areas, hiking activities, pet restaurants are all pet-friendly and great spots for spending some quality time with your pet. While travelling with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15-digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- While a rabies titer test is not mandatory for Kuwait, it is important for your pet to be vaccinated against Rabies between 30 days and 12 months prior to entering the country.
- An import permit is to be obtained before entering the country from the Authority of Agriculture affairs and Fish Resources.
- A licensed veterinarian must complete the Veterinary health certificate for Kuwait within 10 days of travel.
- Pets may enter Kuwait via Kuwait International Airport in Farwaniya. Pets can arrive in the cabin, as checked baggage or as air cargo.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the entry airport.
- Kuwait bans the entry of the following breeds of dogs or their crosses - Pitbulls, Staff Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, Mastiffs (all breeds), American Bulldogs, Rottweiler, Tosa Inu, Wolf or any dog crossed with a Wolf, Great Dane, Dog de Burdeaux, Shar Pei, or Canary Dogs.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.