Relocating Pets to Isle of Man
The Isle of Man is a self-governing British Crown dependency in the Irish Sea between England and Ireland. It’s known for its rugged coastline, medieval castles and rural landscape, rising to a mountainous centre and stunning beaches.
The Isle of Man invites your four legged friend to its open beaches and rolling countryside. With many properties offering a range of facilities and services, you and your furry companions will be welcomed with open arms. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15 digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- All pets must have proof of the current rabies vaccination. All dogs must be vaccinated against distemper.
- A rabies titer test must be administered after waiting for a minimum of 30 days after administering the rabies vaccination. All samples must be processed at an approved laboratory. If test results are within acceptable limits, your pet can enter Isle of Man 3 calendar months after the date of blood sampling.
- Before your dog can enter the Isle of Man, it must be treated against certain tapeworms by a licensed veterinarian between one and five days prior to entering London.
- For non-commercial regulations, the owner or a legal representative of the owner is traveling with or within 5 days of the pet and the transport does not involve purchase, sale or transfer of ownership.
- A licensed veterinarian in the originating country must complete the non-commercial UK health certificate for the Isle of Man within 10 days of travel.
- In case of commercial transportation, A licensed veterinarian in the originating country must complete commercial UK health certificate for the Isle of Man within 48 hours of travel.
- Pets entering the Isle of Man by air from outside of the UK must do so through approved Border Inspection Posts at London Heathrow, Gatwick or Edinburgh Airports. If accompanied, pets can also enter the Isle of Man from Manchester Airport.
- Pets should enter London directly or transit through another EU Member State. If your pet transits through a high-rabies country, then a Transit Declaration will be required stating that your pet has had no contact with rabies-carrying animals and remained secured within the airplane or airport.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the port of entry to Isle of Man.
- The following dog breeds are not permitted to enter the Isle of Man: Pit Bull Terrier types, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, and Fila Braziliero.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.