Relocating Pets to Ireland
Ireland is an island in the North Atlantic. Ireland is a scenic beauty, everywhere you go is surrounded by massive expanses of rolling green hills with barely a house in sight. Ireland is the most beautiful country in the world, regardless of its weather. Most return visitors to Ireland say that the friendliness of the Irish people is what made their experience great. Inhabited since the stone age, Ireland has a genuinely rich heritage, and much evidence of the past still remains.
Apart from its beauty and outstanding hospitality, Ireland is also a pet friendly country! They have many pet friendly vacation homes, hotels, restaurants and much more which cater to the needs of you and your pet thus making your vacation memorable. However, if you are planning on taking a trip to Ireland with your pet, you should keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15-digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- All pets must have proof of the current rabies vaccination administered after a microchip was implanted to enter Ireland.
- A Rabies titer test is mandatory to enter Ireland. It can be administered after a minimum of 30 days of rabies vaccination.
- Pets must be treated against certain tapeworms one to five days prior to entering the country.
- For non-commercial regulations, the owner or a legal representative of the owner should travel with or within 5 days of the pet and the transport should not involve purchase, sale or transfer of ownership. A licensed veterinarian must complete the non-commercial EU health certificate for Ireland within 5 days of entry.
- All pets must provide an advance notice to the Department of Agriculture in Ireland. All pets from outside the EU should enter Ireland at Dublin Port, Dublin Airport or Rosslare Europort.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the port of entry to Ireland.
- The following breeds are banned in Ireland, the American Pit Bull Terrier, English Bull Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Bull Mastiff, Doberman Pinscher, German Shepherd, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Rottweiler, Japanese Akita, Japanese Tosa.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.