Relocating Pets to Herzegovina
Bosnia and Herzegovina is a country on the Balkan Peninsula in south-eastern Europe. Its countryside is home to medieval villages, rivers and lakes, plus the craggy Dinaric Alps. Bosnia and Herzegovina has some of the most breath-taking natural sites in Europe. From emerald-green rivers to Ottoman architecture, this Balkan country has it all. It is known for its ethnic and religious diversity, and its famous capital, Sarajevo. It was also the site for some of the world's most famous historical events.
Bosnia and Herzegovina is also a pet-friendly destination to travel to. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15-digit ISO-compliant pet microchip.
- While a rabies titer test is not required to enter Herzegovina from any country, all pet must be vaccinated for rabies between 30 days and 12 months prior to entering the country.
- A licensed veterinarian must complete the Herzegovina Veterinary Health Certificate shortly prior to travel.
- An import permit is not required when entering Herzegovina with a personal pet.
- Pets may enter Herzegovina via Sarajevo International Airport. Pets can arrive in the cabin, as checked baggage or as air cargo.
- Upon arrival in Herzegovina you will present the documents and the Veterinary officer stationed at the entrance port will stamp them.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the entry airport.
- Herzegovina does not publish a list of banned breeds.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation