Relocating Pets to Hawaii
Hawaii is a state in the Western United States, located in the Pacific Ocean about 2,000 miles from the U.S. mainland. The warm water, the plentiful reefs, fish, turtles, whales, and barracuda make the beautiful Hawaii islands a great place to spend a lot of time in the water.
Hawaii is also a pet-friendly place for you to travel to with your pets. While relocating with pets it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15 digit ISO compliant pet microchip
- All pets must have been vaccinated at least twice in its lifetime for rabies and those vaccinations must be more than 30 days apart. The latest vaccination must have done no less than 30 days prior to arrival in Hawaii.
- Two original copies of vaccination certificates must accompany your pet to Hawaii.
- Rabies titer test is mandatory for Hawaii and must be done not more than 36 months and not less than 30 days prior to arrival.
- A licensed veterinarian must complete a Veterinary Certificate for Hawaii in English. This certificate must be issued by your veterinarian not more than 14 days prior to your pet's arrival to Hawaii.
- All documentation should be sent to the Animal Quarantine Branch. There is a fee for processing the documents.
- Your pet must be treated with a product containing Fipronil or an equivalent long-acting product labelled to kill ticks within 14 days of entering Hawaii.
- Dogs and cats meeting specific pre- and post-arrival requirements may qualify for 5-day–or-less quarantine program, which has a provision for direct release at Honolulu International Airport after inspection.
- Furthermore, Hawaiian law requires dogs and cats that do not meet all of the specific 5-Day-Or-Less program requirements to be quarantined for up to 120 days upon arrival in Hawaii.
- Your pets may enter Hawaii through Honolulu International Airport only between the hours of 8 am and 9 pm. All requirements for entering Hawaii must be met and documentation must be submitted at least 30 days prior to import.
- Non-domestic dogs and cats and hybrids such as wolf, wolf cross, Dingo, Bengal, Savannah, etc are prohibited from entry to Hawaii.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.