Relocating Pets to Grenada
Grenada is a Caribbean country comprising a main island, also called Grenada, and smaller surrounding islands. Dubbed the “Spice Isle,” the hilly main island is home to numerous nutmeg plantations. The Island of Grenada is beautiful all year long.
It has beautiful scenery with fertile valleys, rainforests and mountain lakes and its tropical climate and excellent beaches.
Grenada is also a pet-friendly country to travel to. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15-digit ISO-compliant pet microchip.
- While a rabies titer test is not required to enter Grenada from any country, your pet must be vaccinated for rabies between 30 days and 12 months prior to entering the
- Dogs should be vaccinated against canine distemper, adenovirus, parainfluenza and parvovirus.
- Cats should be vaccinated against Feline Rhinotracheitis, Feline Calicivirus and Feline Panleukopenia.
- A licensed veterinarian should complete a Veterinary Certificate for the Grenada shortly prior to travel. The governing agency in your country responsible for the import or export of animals should endorse the forms.
- An import permit is required from the Chief Veterinary Officer of Grenada to bring your pet into the country. The permit must be applied to Veterinary Services a minimum of 2 weeks in advance of import.
- Pets must enter Grenada via Maurice Bishop International Airport in the parish of St. George's. Pet can arrive in the cabin, as checked baggage or as air cargo.
- You must notify the Chief Veterinary Officer in advance of your date and time of arrival so that he can meet you at the point of entry.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the entry airport.
- Grenada does not publish a list of banned breeds.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation