Relocating Pets to Gibraltar
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory and headland, on Spain's south coast. Gibraltar is a destination of sunshine and radiation with its Mediterranean climate. It has an amazing history, it is home to Europe's only wild monkeys and duty-free shopping, and it offers some of the most beautiful views of the Mediterranean ocean.
Gibraltar is also a pet-friendly destination to travel to. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15-digit ISO-compliant pet microchip.
- All pets must have proof of the rabies vaccine administered after microchipping.
- A rabies titer test is mandatory. All samples must be processed at approved laboratories. Assuming test results within acceptable limits, your pet can enter Gibraltar no sooner than 3 calendar months after the date the blood was drawn and avoid quarantine.
- Non-Commercial Transport: the owner or a legal representative of the owner is traveling with or within 05 days of the pet and the transport does not involve purchase, sale or transfer of ownership.
- A licensed veterinarian must complete the Annex IV form within 10 days of entry.
- For commercial transportation, all pets must have their rabies titer test reports and a licensed veterinarian must complete the bi-lingual version of the Annex I form within 48 hours of entry.
- Pets flying to Gibraltar should enter the country via Gibraltar International Airport (North Front Airport). Due to regulations set by commercial airlines approved to fly animals to Gibraltar, pets must arrive as manifest cargo.
- The following breeds or their crosses are banned from entry to Gibraltar: Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, American Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Fila Brasilero and Dogo Argentino.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.