Relocating Pets to Dominica
Dominica officially the Commonwealth of Dominica, is an island country in the Caribbean. A still off-the-beaten-path natural paradise, Dominica is known as "The Nature Island of the Caribbean" and is certainly a picture-perfect place to photograph. Although it has a few gold-sand beaches, most of this volcanic island's beaches are of the black-sand variety. And Dominica is more known for its dramatic interior landscape, where you can hike to boiling lakes and waterfalls with emerald pools. The highest mountains in the Eastern Caribbean are located in Dominica, and the island is filled with lush, green rain forest terrain.
Dominica is also a pet-friendly place to visit to with your pet. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15 digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- A rabies titer test must be administered no sooner than one month after the rabies vaccination. The blood sample must be processed at an approved laboratory. Results must be send directly to Veterinary Services prior to the import permit application.
- All pets must have proof of a current rabies vaccination administered at least 30 days but not more than 12 months prior to import.
- All pets must produce a DHLPP+ C Immunization Record and be vaccinated against any other endemic diseases of importance.
- You must file an Import Permit with Veterinary Department of the Division of Agriculture after the rabies titer test is done.
- A licensed veterinarian must complete the Veterinary Certificate for Dominica shortly prior to travel.
- Before your dog or cat can enter Dominica, it must be treated against interal and external parasites (ticks and tapeworms) by a licensed veterinarian.
- Pets entering Dominica by air should do so at either Douglas-Charles Airport in Marigot or Canefield Airport in Roseau.
- All domestic dogs and cats must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the entry airport.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.