Relocating Pets to Curacao
Curaçao, a Dutch Caribbean island, is known for its beaches tucked into coves and its expansive coral reefs rich with marine life. Curaçao is a beautiful and colourful paradise that enjoys year-round sun and good weather. It has a thriving community and Caribbean culture.
It is also a pet-friendly destination to travel to. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15 digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- Your dog or cat must be vaccinated against rabies and other diseases between 21 days and 12 months prior to entering Curaçao.
- A rabies titer test is required to enter Curaçao. All samples must be processed at approved laboratories. Assuming test results are within acceptable limits, your pet can enter Curaçao no sooner than 3 calendar months after the date of blood sampling.
- A licensed veterinarian in the originating country must complete the health certificate within 10 days of travel. All forms must be endorsed by the Governing Authority of your country responsible for the import and export of animals.
- Once signed by the veterinarian and endorsed by the competent authority, the certificate is valid for four months, or until the expiration date of the vaccination, whichever comes first.
- Any pet traveling unaccompanied is considered commercial trade, and is subject to an additional requirement that is- commercial animals and pets traveling unaccompanied must have been clinically examined by a government-accredited veterinarian within 24 hours before departure to Curaçao and must travel with a health certificate which states the date and time of the examination.
- An import permit is not required when entering Curaçao with a personal pet.
- A tapeworm treatment is required for dogs within 14 days of entering Curaçao. Your pet must be treated for fleas within 48 hours of travel.
- Pets must enter Curaçao via Curaçao International Airport.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the entry airport.
- Pit Bulls and their mixes are not permitted to enter Curaçao.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.