Relocating Pets to Congo
The Democratic Republic of the Congo, is a country in Central Africa. Congo is endowed with exceptional natural resources, including minerals such as cobalt and copper, hydropower potential, significant arable land, immense biodiversity, and the world's second-largest rainforest.
The Democratic Republic of the Congo is also a pet-friendly destination to travel to. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15-digit ISO-compliant pet microchip.
- While a rabies titer test is not required to enter the Republic of the Congo from any country, your pet must be vaccinated for rabies between 30 days and 12 months prior to entering the Republic of the Congo.
- Dogs should be vaccinated against canine distemper, adenovirus, parainfluenza and parvovirus.
- Cats should be vaccinated against Feline Rhinotracheitis, Feline Calicivirus and Feline Panleukopenia.
- A licensed veterinarian should complete a Veterinary Certificate for the Republic of the Congo within 10 days of import. The governing agency in your country responsible for the import or export of animals should endorse the forms.
- An import permit is not required when entering the Republic of the Congo with a personal pet.
- A ticks and tapeworm treatment should be administered by a licensed veterinarian prior to entering the Republic of the Congo and noted on the health certificate.
- Pets must enter the Republic of the Congo via Pointe Noire Airport. Pets can enter in the cabin, as checked baggage or air cargo.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the entry airport.
- The Republic of the Congo does not publish a list of banned breeds.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation