Relocating Pets to Cambodia
Cambodia is a Southeast Asian nation whose landscape spans low-lying plains, the Mekong Delta, mountains and Gulf of Thailand coastline. Cambodia is a beautiful and versatile country. From tropical beaches to lush forest and ancient temples which are a beautiful testimony of the grandeur of the Khmer architecture to hip cities, Cambodia has plenty to offer any visitor.
In Cambodia, Dogs and cats are treated like family members. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15-digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- While a rabies titer test is not mandatory, all pets must be vaccinated for rabies between 30 days and 12 months of entering Cambodia.
- Dogs must be vaccinated against the following diseases: Distemper, Hepatitis, Viral Enteritis, Parvovirus, Adenovirus infections and Leptospirosis.
- Cats must be vaccinated against Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Feline Calicivirus, and Panleukopenia at least 21 days before entering the country.
- A licensed veterinarian must complete the health certificate shortly prior to travel.
- An import permit is not required when entering Cambodia with a personal pet.
- Pets must enter Cambodia via international airports inPhnom Penh or Siem Reap.
- A copy of the owner's passport and a photo of the owner and the pet should accompany the pet.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the entry airport.
- Cambodia does not publish a list of banned breeds.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.