Relocating Pets to Burundi
Burundi, officially the Republic of Burundi, is a landlocked country in the Great Rift Valley where the African Great Lakes region and East Africa converge. Burundi is known as “ The Heart of Africa” because of its shape and location within the continent. Warm climate, warm hospitality and fantastic natural beauty makes it a great tourist hot spot.
Burundi is also a pet friendly country to travel to. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15-digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- While a rabies titer test is not mandatory, all pets must be vaccinated against rabies between 30 days to 12 months of entering the country.
- An import permit is not required when entering Burundi with a personal pet.
- Pets must enter Burundi via Bujumbura International Airport at Bujumbura.
- All domestic dogs and cats must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the entry airport.
- Burundi does not publish a list of banned breeds.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.