Relocating Pets to Bonaire
Bonaire, an island municipality of the Netherlands, lies off Venezuela’s coast in the southern Caribbean. Its reef-lined coast is protected by Bonaire National Marine Park. Bonaire has everything you’d want in a Caribbean getaway: warm weather, crystal-clear waters and abundant marine life. But this tiny island is so much more than a diving destination.
Bonaire is also a pet-friendly destination to travel to. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15 digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- A rabies vaccination should be administered no less than 30 days and no more than 12 months prior to entry. Canine distemper vaccination is required between 1 month and 12 months of travel.
- A rabies titer test is required to enter Bonaire. The test must be administered a minimum of 30 days after the primary or booster vaccination. Samples must be processed at approved laboratories. Assuming test results are within acceptable limits, your pet can enter Bonaire no sooner than 3 calendar months after the date the blood was drawn for the test.
- A licensed veterinarian must then complete the health certificate for Bonaire within 14 days of travel. The governmental agency responsible for the import and export of animals should endorse those forms.
- An import permit is not required when entering Bonaire with a personal dog or cat from any country.
- Pets must enter Bonaire at the Flamingo International Airport in Kralendijk. Pets can arrive in the cabin, as checked baggage or as air cargo.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the entry airport.
- Bonaire does not publish a list of banned breeds.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.