Relocating Pets to Azerbaijan
Azerbaijan, officially the Republic of Azerbaijan, is a transcontinental country located at the boundary of Eastern Europe and Western Asia. Azerbaijan is indeed a beautiful country with several natural and man-made attractions, but it is also home to a very warm and welcoming local culture, a former Soviet republic that blends Russian and Muslim traditions. Situated on the Caspian Sea, Azerbaijan offers its visitors an enticing mix of seaside fun, stunning cities, unspoiled nature, remarkable historical attractions, and some of the most incredible national parks in the world.
Azerbaijan is also a pet-friendly destination for tourists to travel to. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15 digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- While a rabies titer test is not mandatory, all pets must have proof of the current rabies vaccination administered between 30 days and 12 months prior to entering the country.
- Other vaccinations include, for dogs: Rabies, Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, and Parovirus.
- For cats: Feline Vioral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus and Panleukopenia.
- A licensed veterinarian must complete the Veterinary Certificate for Azerbaijan shortly prior to travel.
- An import permit is not required when entering Azerbaijan with a personal pet.
- All pets must enter Azerbaijan Heydar Aliyev international airport in Baku.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the port of entry.
- Azerbaijan does not publish a list of banned breeds.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.