Relocating Pets to Afghanistan
Afghanistan, officially the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, is a landlocked country located at the crossroads of Central Asia and South Asia. Afghanistan is brimming with natural beauty. It is made up of mountains, rivers, majestic lakes and deserts.
While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15-digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- While a rabies titer test is not mandatory, all pets must be vaccinated against rabies between 30 days to 11 months of entering the country.
- Dogs should be vaccinated against Canine Distemper, Hepatitis, Parainfluenza, Leptospirosos, Coronavirus, Adenovirus Parvo-virus, Rotavirus, Adenovirus Type 2 and Bordetella. Cats must be vaccinated against Feline Entritis, Feline Distemper, Feline Herpes and Feline Calicvirus.
- An import permit is not required when entering Afghanistan with a personal pet dog or cat. Pets entering Afghanistan as unaccompanied air cargo should have an import permit.
- A licensed veterinarian must complete the health certificate 10 days prior to travel.
- Pets must enter Afghanistan as air cargo via Hamid Karzai International Airport at Kabul with prior notice.
- All domestic dogs and cats must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the entry airport.
- Afghanistan does not publish a list of banned breeds.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.