Pet Relocation to Finland
Finland being Santa Claus’s official address as well as the “Land of a Thousand Lakes”, could explain why its consistently rated as the most stable, the safest and the best-governed country in the world. The beautiful Northern lights draw tourists in hundreds and now even, their pets with them! The Finns attitude towards pets is great and there are a lot of them in the country. Helsinki Airport is the first European airport to have proper pet relief areas, while the city has a greater percentage of pet-friendly hotels than any other city in Europe.
In Finnish towns, dogs must be on a leash at all times. Dogs are allowed in public transport but not necessarily in stores and most restaurants allow pets only in their outdoor seating areas. As Finland isn’t jammed with pompous historic buildings and such, most people go there to enjoy the stunning Finnish countryside, the vast pine-forests, the long coastline to the Baltic and the many lakes that the country is famous for. Needless to say, your dog will be equally excited about the many well-maintained dog-friendly hiking-trails.
- Your pet must be microchipped with an ISO-compliant microchip prior to travel.
- Your pet must be vaccinated against rabies after microchipping.
- A rabies titer test is to be administered 30 days after the rabies vaccination.
- A licensed vet should complete a non-commercial EU health certificate for Finland within 5 days of travel.
- Before your dog can enter Finland, it must be treated against tapeworms one to five days prior to entering the country
- Pets entering by air do so at the Border Inspection Post at Helsinki. Pets entering by road must do so at the Border Inspection Post on Vaalimaa Road from Russia.
- Finland does not restrict the import of any dog breeds except wolf crosses. Cat breeds classified as wild such as Bengal or Savannah cats are also not allowed.
Hiring a pet travel expert takes away all the worry and time required for managing pet travel. As you start planning your trip overseas, you may consider hiring professional assistance to help with all the paperwork, health requirements etc. necessary for your pet’s journey and safe travel.
If your Finland journey includes the aspect of pet relocation, get a free quote here on our website by entering your travel and pet details https://www.airpets.in/international-quote
You can get in touch with us for a professional consultation by calling +91-9257123123 or write to us at [email protected]