Pet Relocation to Egypt
The cradle of civilization, home to two-thirds of the globe’s historical monuments and the last surviving Wonder of the World, centuries of rich culture and arts culminate in Egypt as one of the most exotic and up-coming destinations to travel and relocate to. With pet travel more affordable and easier, Egypt has become very pet-friendly with hotels, restaurants, and most public places open for pet owners to travel and live with their furry friends.
Pets, especially cats, have a long-standing place of respect in Egyptian history. Being a predominantly Muslim country, Egyptian culture tends to view dogs as unclean. This mindset is now reducing with many wealthy families tending to their little pooches and sturdy guard dogs as pampered children. Egypt now also has excellent veterinary services, even though pets brought from a temperate climate will have to adjust to the severe heat.
- Although Egypt does not mandate micro-chipping prior to travel, it is highly recommended to help identify your pet.
- Your pet must have an updated rabies certificate reflecting a current rabies vaccination administered between 30 days and 11 months.
- Your pet is not required to undergo a rabies titer test for entry to Egypt.
- A health certificate issued by a licensed vet must be issued within 14 days of entry.
- Before your pet enters Egypt, treatment for internal and external parasites is recommended.
- Your pet will be inspected by veterinary health officials upon landing at the Cairo International Airport. Pets can arrive in the cabin, as checked baggage or as air cargo.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to help with your pet’s relocation. If you are planning on relocating to Egypt soon with your pet, get a free quote here on our website by entering your travel and pet details.
You can get in touch with us for a professional consultation by calling +91-9257123123 or write to us at [email protected]