Pet Relocation to Belgium
Belgium is a small country that’s often overlooked on a trip to Europe. When you think of Belgium, beer and chocolate are the first that come to mind. And while pet parents know it’s best not to let their pets indulge in either, they also love the fact that with lots of pet-friendly options to choose from, Belgium is an easy European country to travel and live in with your furry friend.
Many of the beaches along the coast of Belgium are open to your four-legged friend to roam leash-free. Most restaurants in Belgium will also allow your well-behaved dog to join you inside, although it’s always best to confirm first before entering. On Belgian Rail, small pets in a basket, cage or box travel for free. Larger dogs require a pet ticket which costs a small fee per single trip. Muzzles are recommended but not mandatory, although it is also possible a conductor may insist on your dog being muzzled.
- Your pet must be microchipped with an ISO-compliant microchip prior to travel.
- Your pet must be vaccinated against rabies after microchipping.
- A rabies titer test is to be administered 30 days after the rabies vaccination.
- A licensed vet should complete a non-commercial EU health certificate for Belgium within 5 days of travel.
- Pets travelling with their owners by air can enter Belgium at Brussels, Liege, Brussels South Charleroi Airport and Oostende Airports. Pets flying cargo must enter at Brussels or Liege.
- Puppies and kittens can enter Belgium at the age of 7 months.
Hiring a pet travel expert takes away all the worry and time required for managing pet relocation and travel. As you start planning your trip overseas, you may consider hiring professional assistance to help with all the paperwork, health requirements etc. necessary for your pet’s journey and safe travel.
If you are travelling or moving with your pet, get a free quote here on our website by entering your travel and pet details. You can get in touch with us for a professional consultation by calling +91-9257123123 or write to us at i[email protected]