Taking Pets to Singapore
Singapore, a diverse and modern global center, is a popular place for both temporary and long-term relocations for work or cultural adventure. This means that many pets are now traveling to Singapore, as more and more families wouldn't dream of moving without their furry companions.
Singapore is a relatively pet-friendly country, but importing pets here involves stringent regulatory measures that need careful planning. Pets that are imported to Singapore are required to have an import permit, health certificate, valid titer test report, and will be quarantined for a minimum for 30 days before you can obtain clearance to take them home with you. Often during the busy summer months, there is a waiting period because the quarantine facility may be full, again underlying the importance of starting early.
- Your pet should be vaccinated with a valid Rabies, DHPPIL/PCH vaccination at least 6 months prior to arrival. A blood titer test is required more than 30 days after rabies vaccination and within 6 months of export.
- Before your cat or dog can enter Singapore, it must be treated against internal and external parasites within 2 and 7 days of travel.
- ISO-compliantmicrochipping your pet is necessary before traveling.
- Singapore requires you to apply for a dog license as well as an import license from the Animal and Veterinary Service (AVS) at least 30 days before arriving in Singapore. This license needs to be renewed yearly.
- Certain dog breeds or their mixes are prohibited for import to Singapore: Staffordshire Bull Terrier, American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, American Bully, any Mastiff, Japanese tosa, Rottweiler, Doberman Pinschers, Canario Presa, Boxer.
- Bengal and Savannah cats or other cat breeds with a feral ancestor must be 5th generation or greater.
Working with a professional shipper such as AirPets right from the start assures your pet’s documentation will be in order and ensures your pet has a personal travel agent to oversee their progress. If you are planning a move to Singapore soon with your pet, get a free quote here on our website by entering your travel and pet details. You can get in touch with us for a professional consultation by calling +91-9257-123-123 or write to us at [email protected]