Taking Pets to Brazil
Hear the name 'Brazil', and you will think about skilled soccer, extravagant Carnival and delicious coffee. At the same time, Brazil is stunningly pretty, incredibly vibrant and also a great country to live in with a pet. There’s favorable weather, plenty of nature, pet-friendly accommodations, restaurants and activities throughout the country. They also host lots of pet-friendly events, whether you’re road-tripping throughout the country, city-hopping or just sticking to one location, your pets will love exploring here just as much as you do.
Brazilian pet parents refer to their dogs as ‘filha’ or ‘filho’ – translating to “daughter” and “son,” as a sign of endearment. The pet-keeping culture is very favorable with most establishments here, allowing your pet to sit with you as you enjoy. Brazilians value cleanliness, so pet grooming and hygiene is fairly popular, even going so much as to adorn their pets with jewellery!
- Although Brazil does not mandate micro-chipping prior to travel, it is highly recommended to help identify your pet.
- Your pet must have an updated rabies certificate reflecting a current rabies vaccination administered between 21 days and 12 months.
- Your pet is not required to undergo a rabies titer test for entry to Brazil.
- A health certificate issued by a licensed vet must be issued within 10 days of entry.
- Before your pet can enter Brazil, it must be treated for internal and external parasites 15 days prior to entry.
- Your pet will be inspected by veterinary health officials upon landing at the international airport in Brazil
- Pups and kitten under the age of 3 months can enter Brazil unvaccinated as long as they do not originate in an area that is high-rabies or had a rabies incident in the previous 90 days.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you may consider hiring professional assistance to help with your pet’s relocation. If you are planning on relocating to Brazil soon with your pet, get a free quote here on our website by entering your travel and pet details. You can get in touch with us for a professional consultation by calling +91-9257123123 or write to us at [email protected]