Relocating with Pets to Benin
Benin officially the Republic of Benin and formerly known as Dahomey, is a country in West Africa. The national beauty of Benin also has a lot to tempt tourists. From the paradise Atlantic beaches fringed with palm trees to the national parks teeming with exotic beasts such as lions, cheetahs and elephants as well as rare bird species.
Benin is also a pet-friendly destination to travel to with pets. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15 digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- While a rabies titer test is not required for Benin, all pets must have proof of the current rabies vaccination minimum 30 days prior to entering the country.
- A licensed veterinarian must complete the Veterinary Certificate for Benin shortly prior to travel and This certificate as well as the rabies certificate must be submitted to the Consulate for endorsement.
- An import permit is not required when entering Benin with a personal pet.
- Pets must enter Benin at the Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport in Cotonou. Pets can enter Benin in the cabin, as checked baggage or as air cargo.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the port of entry.
- Benin does not publish a list of banned breeds.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.