Relocating Pets to South Sudan
South Sudan, officially the Republic of South Sudan, is a landlocked country in East Africa. South Sudan holds one of the richest agricultural areas in Africa, with fertile soils and abundant water supplies. It is mostly covered in tropical forest, swamps, and grassland.
South Sudan also has many pet-friendly hotels and home stays for you to be comfortable while travelling with your four-legged companion. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15-digit ISO-compliant pet microchip.
- While a rabies titer test is not mandatory, your pet must be vaccinated for rabies between 30 days and 12 months prior to entering the country.
- A Veterinary Health Certificate for the Republic of South Sudan must be completed by a licensed veterinarian just prior to travel.
- An import permit is not required when entering the Republic of South Sudan with a personal pet.
- All pets must enter South Sudan via Juba International Airport.
- All must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the entry airport.
- South Sudan does not publish a list of banned breeds.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.