Relocating Pets to Paraguay
Paraguay is a landlocked country between Argentina, Brazil and Bolivia. With its dreamy beaches, breath-taking waterfalls, lush biodiversity and gleaming golden dunes, Paraguay is a perfect destination for anyone who wants to go into the wild. Paraguay is home to the world’s largest water reserve and It has the largest navy of any landlocked country in the world.
Paraguay is also a pet-friendly destination to travel with your four-legged companion. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15 digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- While a rabies titer test is not mandatory, all pets must have proof of the current rabies vaccination administered between 30 days and 12 months prior to entering the country.
- A licensed veterinarian must complete the Veterinary Certificate for Paraguay prior to travel. The health certificate must be translated into Spanish.
- An import permit is not required when entering Paraguay with personal pet.
- All pets should enter Paraguay via Silvio Pettirossi International Airport.
- Pets can enter in the cabin, as checked baggage or air cargo. Upon arrival in Paraguay you will present the documents and the Veterinary officer stationed at the entrance port will stamp them.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the port of entry.
- Paraguay does not publish a list of banned breeds.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.