Relocating Pets to Oman
Oman, officially the Sultanate of Oman, is a country located in far southwestern Asia. It is a beautiful country with exotic destinations, architectural wonders, rich heritage and humble local folk. From the clear water beaches and vast desert stretches to the scenic mountain peaks, Oman gives you a glimpse of nature in its every form.
Oman is also a pet-friendly destination with a few restrictions applicable on public areas like beaches etc. While travelling with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15 digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- Your pet must be vaccinated for rabies between 30 days and 12 months prior to entering the country. Additional vaccinations for distemper, parvo, Hepatitis, Parvovirus, and Leptospirosis are required.
- Your pet will need the results of a rabies titer test administered more than 3 months prior to entering Oman. Blood samples must be processed by approved laboratories.
- A Veterinary Health Certificate for Oman must be completed by a licensed veterinarian in your originating country within 05 days of travel and the forms bust be endorsed by the government authority.
- Oman requires that you or your agent obtain an import permit from the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries Animal Health Department. The permit must be applied for in person by an agent, the owner or a sponsor of the owner.
- Pets must enter Oman via Muscat International Airport. Pets can enter in the cabin, as checked baggage or air cargo.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the entry airport.
- Oman does not publish a list of banned breeds.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.