Relocating Pets to Nepal
Nepal, officially the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal, is a landlocked country in South Asia. Nepal is a beautiful country which has a rich culture and amazing history. It is a landlocked country which lies between the giant nations India and China. The country provides an excellent opportunity for travellers and tourists to explore it's natural and cultural beauty and have peace of mind.
Nepal is also a pet-friendly country to travel to with pets. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15 digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- While a rabies titer test is not mandatory, all pets must have proof of the current rabies vaccination administered between 30 days and 12 months prior to entering the country.
- A licensed veterinarian must complete the health certificate for Nepal prior to travel.
- An import permit is not required when entering Nepal with a personal pet.
- All pets must enter Nepal via Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu.
- Pets can enter the country in the cabin, as checked baggage or as air cargo.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the entry airport.
- Nepal does not publish a list of banned breeds
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.