Relocating Pets to Montserrat
Montserrat is a mountainous Caribbean island, part of the Lesser Antilles chain and a British Overseas Territory. The island has landscapes worth visiting on your travel to Montserrat since it is one of the most exuberant and attractive tropical islands in the world due to its beaches.
Montserrat is a pet friendly destination to travel to. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15-digit ISO-compliant pet microchip.
- While a rabies titer test is not mandatory, your pet must be vaccinated for rabies between 30 days and 12 months prior to entering the country.
- A licensed veterinarian must complete the health certificate 72 hours prior to travel.
- An import permit is not required when entering Montserrat with a personal pet.
- Pets must enter Montserrat via John A. Osborne Airport.
- Pets can enter in the cabin, as checked baggage or air cargo.
- Your pet shall not be landed without the approval of the Veterinary Officer of Montserrat. The officer must be notified at least 48 hours prior to arrival.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the entry airport.
- Montserrat does not publish a list of banned breeds.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.