Relocating Pets to Madagascar
Madagascar, officially the Republic of Madagascar, is an island country in the Indian Ocean. As the biggest island in the Indian Ocean, Madagascar is famous for its unique wildlife and biodiversity. With breath taking views of nature, white sand beaches, stunning rainforest and delicious local food, this spot offers an unforgettable, once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Apart from its famous wildlife, Madagascar is also a pet-friendly place and attracts a lot of tourists who want to travel with their four-legged companions. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15 digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- While a rabies titer test is not mandatory, it is important for your pet to be vaccinated against rabies between 30 days and 12 months prior to entry.
- An import permit will be required from the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Department while entering the country.
- A licensed veterinarian must complete the health certificate for your pet within 05 days of travel.
- Pets can enter Madagascar via Ivato International Airport at Antananarivo. They can arrive as checked in-cabin, as checked baggage or as air cargo.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the entry airport.
- Madagascar does not publish a list of banned breeds.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.